Ads Here

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Roque lashes out at NUJP: I don’t owe them anything

By Prince Golez

“I don’t owe anything to NUJP.”

That was the reaction of Palace Spokesman Harry Roque to the National Union of Journalists of the Philippines’ (NUJP) statement that he should apologize to CNN Philippines reporter Triciah Terada for scolding her on live TV over what he claimed was an inaccurate report.

“I’ve done work for NUJP. They probably owe me but I don’t owe them,” Roque said when asked by ANC Headstart host Karen Davila if he’s going to respond to NUJP’s demand.

“Now, whatever it is that owe Trish, I’ve talked to Trish, and whatever it is I should do, I’ve done it,” he also said.

At a virtual presser Tuesday, Roque singled out Terada for publishing a misleading report on the country’s mass testing program that caused “public uproar” and “panic.”

On one hand, CNN Philippines stood by its story titled “Up to private sector to carry out mass testing, Roque says amid limited testing capacity” and found “unfortunate” the manner by which the secretary treated Terada during the televised press conference.



Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment