Ads Here

Monday, August 24, 2020

Duterte assures full accounting of coronavirus funds: ‘I will hold myself responsible’

By Prince Golez

President Rodrigo Duterte has assured the full accounting of all funds allocated for coronavirus (Covid-19) response.

In a public address aired Tuesday, Duterte asked the National Task Force Against Covid-19 to disclose how funds are spent and their intended purpose.

“Gusto kong ipaalam sa lahat that as upon my oath of office huwag kayong mag-alala lahat ng pera diyan nagastos dito sa away ng COVID ay maa-account. I will hold myself responsible for this sole and solemn duty of answering for and in behalf of the executive department of all the funds that were spent in the fight against COVID,” according to him.

The Chief Executive added that he will even endorse the filing of charges against those who misuse public funds.

“Ako ang magpirma mismo… Allow the Secretary of Justice to complete his investigation and his signature on the endorsement will be accompanied by my signature and that will ensure na ang mga pera makita ninyo paano ginastos,” he also said.

The post Duterte assures full accounting of coronavirus funds: ‘I will hold myself responsible’ first appeared on Latest Philippine politics news today.



Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment