Ads Here

Friday, August 21, 2020

Top photos: Duterte in Davao all along; Richard and Ormocana girl; Angara’s barber skills

1. No foreign trip! Duterte in Davao City with family, Bong Go says

2. Richard Gomez loving quarantine time with ‘Omorcana girl’

3. ‘Celtics’ barber is in: Angara gives son a quarantine haircut

4. Leni Robredo remembers husband Jesse: Feels like he never left us

 

View this post on Instagram

 

8 years. And it feels like he never left us.

A post shared by Leni Robredo (@lenirobredo) on

5. ‘Be legendary and beautiful!’ Jinkee Pacquiao now selling makeup

6. ‘Just the two of us:’ Kris Aquino recalls watching ‘Return of the Jedi’ with dad Ninoy

 

View this post on Instagram

 

From our 1st winter in Boston… God greatly blessed me for that was the only time in my life i experienced what having a dad was really like. My mom told me i was lucky because my dad made time for me to truly get to know him (i was 1 year & 7 months old when he was imprisoned.) and he worked hard to win my love- i was the bunso that got the most & the best of him (maybe he had an inkling that we only had 3 years of borrowed time)- he went to all my school programs, went with my mom and charmed all the Sisters teaching in my school when it was time to get my report card, and we had monthly “just the 2 of us” book shopping and ice cream dates… i know i’ve shared this story many times, when “Return of the Jedi” had its opening day, my dad patiently waited in line with me (almost 4 hours) so we could watch together. The local news was interviewing those in line & i was 1 of those chosen. My dad was so excited & since that was before cellphones, he left me & went home to tell my mom to please record the local news just in case i was chosen as part of the feature. Maybe even in 1983 they were already conscious about diversity, and my soundbite did air. When we got home, and my dad & i watched the tape, it remains unforgettable for me the look of pride in his face. From my parents i have learned that the strength and resiliency of our children, and their determination to work hard to fulfill their ambitions will come from the love & encouragement they saw in the eyes of their parents. Thanks to my Dad for allowing me to believe that my dreams could & would come true, because looking back, ALMOST everything we ever discussed- they did come true. Isa na lang ang utang ko sa kanya… Benigno “Ninoy” S. Aquino Jr. November 27, 1932-August 21, 1983

A post shared by KRIS AQUINO (@krisaquino) on

7. May premyo pa! Sol Aragones, Eric Tayag launch Mask dance challenge on TikTok

 

View this post on Instagram

 

Ito po ang MASK Dance Challenge ni Cong Sol at Dok Eric!💥💥💥 Bilang pagpapaalala sa bawat isa sa atin na magsuot ng mask 😷, maghugas ng kamay 💦 at palagiang isaisip ang social distancing ↔️ para makaiwas sa Covid-19. 🔰 ‼️Iniimbitahan po namin kayo na gumawa din ng sarili nyong version ng MASK Dance, i-comment ang inyong video sa aking Facebook Post (www.facebook.com/109354727395196/posts/161066138890721) Ang palaro po ay magsisimula ngayon, August 19 hanggang Friday, August 21!‼️ Maaaring manalo ng mga sumusunod: 1st prize – ₱10,000 💰 2nd prize – ₱7,000 💸 3rd prize – ₱3,000 💵 Ang Mask Dance ng tatlong mananalo ang ilalagay namin sa social media na ka-back-to-back ang Mask Dance Challenge namin ni Dok @erictayag4health bilang sama sama nating kampanya sa paglaban sa pagkalat ng Covid-19! 🙅🏻‍♀️🙅🏻 Sali na! #DanceMaskChallenge #CongSolvsDokEric #TiktokChallenge #Tiktok #AkoNaMismo #TayoNaMismo #AlagangSOL #DancingCong #DancingDok

A post shared by Sol Aragones (@iam_sol_aragones) on

8. Instagram confession: Hontiveros considered Ninoy Aquino a trapo but realized his death showed unwavering love for Filipinos

 

View this post on Instagram

 

This is my personal story of that fateful day, 37 years ago. On August 21, 1983, some of my Ateneo Sanggu Central Boardmates mobilized to meet Ninoy Aquino at the airport. I was one of those who had objected to meeting him because I felt that he was a trapo and had not fought with us the previous years. I had many opinions of Ninoy, but then I realized when they killed him that he had returned to the Philippines knowing well the risks. He ultimately was willing to give up his one and only life. He had said the Filipino was worth dying for, and he stood true to his words. On that day, Ninoy Aquino was assassinated. The rest, as they say, is history – and it became part of my personal history, too. I will never forget the tragedy and the inspiration of Ninoy’s death as we must not forget the many who have died for us. Deaths like these are built on extraordinary hope and an unwavering love for the Filipino. Ito’y mga kamatayang bumuhay sa bansang nagkaisa laban sa diktador. Mga kamatayang bumuhay sa nasyonalismo, ng ating pagmamahal sa bayan at kapwa Pilipino. I try to remember these sacrifices every day I wake up to do my work as a citizen and as a senator. There was fear that day, 37 years ago. But there was also anger and a passionate desire to do something because things should not remain the same. Today, we are met with similar challenges. In the middle of a global pandemic, we are faced with threats to our democracy and liberties. Killing has become part of our daily language and we wake up with deaths by the thousands. Nakakatakot ang karahasang pumapaligid. Ngunit mas nakakatakot kung magmanhid tayo dito. Naniniwala akong pati si Ninoy noon ay natakot din minsan. But let us remember that the greatest act of hope is to return, even in uncertainty. May Ninoy’s heroism challenge us to never accept the oppression and suffering as a given, to always be inspired by the Filipino and work towards building a future that works for all, and lastly, even if it meant fearful uncertainty, to hope. Dreams, after all, are most vivid in the dark.

A post shared by Risa Hontiveros (@hontiverosrisa) on

9. Star with a heart of gold: FPJ missed by the poor especially during pandemic, Erap says

10. Working from home: Cayetano becomes more tech-savvy, environment friendly

The post Top photos: Duterte in Davao all along; Richard and Ormocana girl; Angara's barber skills first appeared on Latest Philippine politics news today.



Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment