Ads Here

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Chel Diokno ‘very honored’ by 1Sambayan nomination

Human rights lawyer Chel Diokno is ready and willing to serve the country.

Diokno is among the six nominees by 1Sambayan coalition as possible contenders for president and vice president in the 2022 elections.

Reacting to Sambayan’s announcement, Diokno said he never aspired for the top government post but appreciated the nomination.

“I am very honored by the nomination, although I never aspired for those positions,” he tweeted June 12, 2021.

Diokno remained focused on providing free legal service but expressed willingness to serve the nation.

“Right now, I am focused on my Free Legal Helpdesk, and I hope to serve our country, especially the youth and the ordinary Filipino, in justice, accountability, and relief from the pandemic,” he said.

Apart from Diokno, the other nominees of 1Sambayan for president and vice president in next year’s elections are Vice President Leni Robredo, Senator Grace Poe, Lipa City Rep. Vilma Santos Recto, former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV, and CIBAC Rep. Eddie Villanueva.

The post Chel Diokno ‘very honored’ by 1Sambayan nomination first appeared on .

Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment