Thanks but no thanks.
Lipa City Rep. Vilma Santos Recto is not keen on accepting the nomination of 1Sambayan coalition as a possible candidate in the 2022 presidential and vice presidential elections.
The actress-turned-politiko, in a statement, said she still has no plans for the 2022 elections. She wanted to focus on her legislative work for now. In particular, the lawmaker is busy with the COVID-19 vaccination program in her home province.
“I sincerely thank 1SAMBAYAN for considering me. I have no plans for 2022,” she said.
“I am focused in assisting Lipa City in its vaccination program and in providing assistance to families who need it most. Furthermore, I have my legislative duties to attend to,” she added.
The lawmaker, wife of Senator Ralph Recto, is among the six nominees drafted by the opposition coalition for president and vice president in next year’s elections.
Other nominees are Vice President Leni Robredo, Senator Grace Poe, former Senator Antonio Trillanes IV, CIBAC rep. Eddie Villanueva and lawyer Chel Diokno.
The post Vilma Santos on 1Sambayan nomination: I have no plans for 2022 first appeared on .#1SAMBAYAN nominees for President… #1SANGBOTO pic.twitter.com/nndXmPo3I4
— 1Sambayan (@1Sambayan) June 12, 2021
Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)
No comments:
Post a Comment