Ads Here

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

May natamaan! Tony Leachon told to resign from COVID-19 task force for being critical of DOH

Health expert Dr. Tony Leachon has resigned as special adviser to the National Task Force (NTF) on COVID-19 over his social media posts critical of the Department of Health’s handling of the pandemic.

Leachon tweeted his departure from the task force Wednesday (June 17).

“It’s with deepest regret that I announce that I am not anymore the Special Adviser of National Adviser -COVID 19 effective today.I have my full respect for Sec. Charlie Galvez & we will remain as good friends. Lots of good memories. But I have to move on,” he said.

“I left NTF due to the my differences with DOH policies eg. Lack of sense of urgency , problems in COVID data management , and transparency in communication process. That’s life. That’s how it is. There’s a silver lining though . Thank you very much,” Leachon added.

In an interview over CNN Philippines’ “Newsroom Ngayon,” Leachon revealed he was forced to resign from the task force for calling out DOH for its dismal handling of the COVID-19 crisis.

“Time and again, I was asked not to speak about my independent views, but I think it would be helpful to the country,” he said. “I think I was asked to resign, ‘yun ang real (score).”

In a Facebook post over the weekend, Leachon said the grim statistics on COVID-19 in the country showed the DOH “has lost focus in everything.”



Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment