Ads Here

Monday, December 14, 2020

Leachon to Duterte: I’m not eyeing up a political future

By Prince Golez

Former National Task Force (NTF) against Covid-19 special adviser Dr. Tony Leachon on Monday denied having future ambitions to be a public official.

Leachon made this remark after Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque revealed that the President has repeatedly cursed the physician in his speeches due to his criticism against government actions on the coronavirus situation.

Duterte, Roque added, also claimed that Leachon only wanted a position in the government.

In a Twitter post, Leachon clarified the “baseless and untrue” accusation against him, saying that “I dreamt of serving the government before but I have no future ambitions to be a public official. I’d like to spend my sunset years with the family, closest friends, and doing advocacy work.”

He only questioned the government’s decision to prioritize firms developing vaccines against Covid-19 with no safety and efficacy data so the country can purchase the “right” vaccine for the Filipino people, the health reform advocate also explained.

“I have been an independent health reform advocate for many years. I have the highest respect for our President and the government,” he added.

The post Leachon to Duterte: I’m not eyeing up a political future first appeared on https://politics.com.ph.



Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment