Ads Here

Monday, January 4, 2021

Duterte to PSG: Invoke your right to remain silent

By Prince Golez

President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the Presidential Security Group (PSG) to “shut up” when asked to appear before the Senate to explain the use of illegal Chinese vaccines.

“If they will be called to testify in Congress, as a lawyer… I would ask the PSG to just shut up. Do not answer. Invoke the right against self-incrimination at wala kayong makukuha,” Duterte said in a taped address late Monday.

The Chief Executive also warned lawmakers against tinkering with the inoculation of an unregistered coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccine on his close-in security members.

“I’m telling you as President it’s a matter of self-preservation… Do not force my hand to meddle into this affair because… I am not so keen about allowing Durante and the rest of the PSG to testify. Ginawa ito nila as I understand para sa kapakanan ng buhay nila,” according to him.

“Do not force my soldiers to testify against their will. At huwag ninyong i-contempt-contempt na i-detain ninyo. I do not think it will be good for you and for me. It would not be healthy for everybody,” he added.

The Senate will look into the government’s Covid-19 vaccination plan on January 11.

Senate Minority Leader Franklin Drilon has raised the need to invite PSG commander Brigadier General Jesus Durante III to the Senate inquiry to shed light on the unauthorized vaccine use of their personnel.



Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment