Senator Bong Revilla Jr. on Wednesday offered the chairmanship of Lakas-CMD to its new member, Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte, who is running for vice president under the party.
The senator said he trusted that President Rodrigo Duterte’s daughter would take the party to victory in the 2022 elections.
The younger Duterte joined Revilla’s Lakas-CMD just before she withdrew her reelection bid for Davao mayor and decided to run instead for vice president.
She later announced an alliance with former Senator Bongbong Marcos.
“I have full trust and confidence in Mayor Sara Duterte’s leadership, I believe that she will steer the Party towards victory in 2022,” Revilla said.
“In full support of Mayor Sara Duterte’s candidacy for Vice President, I am offering her my post as Chairman of Lakas-CMD,” he said.
The post ‘Show of trust’: Revilla offers Lakas chairmanship to Sara Duterte first appeared on .Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)
No comments:
Post a Comment