Ads Here

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Goodbye, boxing! Pacquiao retires from sport as he seeks presidency

Goodbye, boxing!

With those words, Senator Manny Pacquiao announced on Wednesday that he was finally retiring from boxing after an illustrious career that saw him become the only eight-division world champion.

“As I hang up my boxing gloves, I would like to thank the whole world, especially the Filipino People, for supporting Manny Pacquiao,” he said in a video on his social media page.

Pacquiao said: “Thank you for changing my life. When my family was desperate, you gave us hope. You gave me the chance to fight our way out of poverty. Because of you, I was able to inspire people all over the world. Because of you, I have been given the courage to change more lives.

“I just heard the final bell… Tapos na ang boxing,” he said.

“I was given the opportunity of representing the Philippines, bringing fame and honor to my country every time I entered the ring. I am grateful for all my accomplishments and the opportunity to inspire the fans,” Pacquiao said.

“Sa pagkakataong ito, hayaan ninyo po akong pasalamatan at bigyang pugay ang mga taong nagsakripisyo upang tulungan ako na maisakatuparan ang aking mga pangarap,” he added.

Pacquiao named several people and families who have helped him through the years, including his long-time trainer Freddie Roach, whom he described as “a brother and a friend,” his wife Jinkee and their five children.

He also thanked the media and his fans around the world.

“To all the media who have taken the time to tell my story and for supporting boxing, please accept my deepest appreciation. I truly value your hard work. Thank you!” Pacquiao said.

“To the boxing fans…. thank you very much. I deeply appreciate your love and support. Thank you for always praying for me and watching my fights through the years,” he said.

“Who would have thought that Manny Pacquiao will end up with twelve major world titles in eight different weight divisions, hold the record of being the only boxer to hold world titles in four different decades, and become the oldest fighter to win a world welterweight title?” he said.

“Glory to God who made it happen. I always believe that in God all things are possible. Without Him, I am nothing. He is the one who gives me the ability and strength to accomplish all those things,” Pacquiao said.

The post Goodbye, boxing! Pacquiao retires from sport as he seeks presidency first appeared on .

Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment