Ads Here

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Rex Gatchalian eyes Congress comeback: ‘I carry with me 9 years of executive experience’

Valenzuela City Mayor Rex Gatchalian is running for congressman of the first district of Valenzuela City in the 2022 elections.

Gatchalian filed his candidacy for lawmaker at the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) office on Friday, after serving nine years as mayor. He plans to swap public office with his brother Rep. Weslie Gatchalian, who will join the mayoralty race in their political bailiwick.

Rex and Wes are brothers of Senator Sherwin Gatchalian.

“Never finished my stint in congress noon…spent 2 terms sa Congress…so if the people of the 1st District will have me this is my chance to get that 3rd term… If i get a chance to go back to congress, i carry with me 9 years of executive experience,” Mayor Rex tweeted.

“Hopefully those Insights i learned in cityhall all these years can help me craft laws,”he said.

After filing his COC for congressman, Mayor Rex returned to city hall to return to work. He promised to continue to work hard until the end of his term as mayor.

“Still so much to do in cityhall. 9months of a term is a long period of time. Marami pa tayo pde gawin sa panahon na yun,” he said.

The post Rex Gatchalian eyes Congress comeback: ‘I carry with me 9 years of executive experience’ first appeared on .

Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment