Former Senator Ferdinand Marcos Jr. is clean based on his latest drug test.
Marcos took the drug test on Monday and submitted the negative results to law enforcement authorities.
The drug test was taken by Marcos days after President Duterte alleged one of the presidential aspirants was using cocaine. Duterte did not name the person but claimed the “weak leader” had a prominent name.
Duterte claims presidential bet does cocaine on a ‘yacht or in the air’
According to Marcos, he did not feel being alluded to by the President. He said he was actually against illegal drugs.
“I really don’t feel that I am the one being alluded to. In spite of that, I believe it is my inherent duty as an aspiring public official to assure my fellow Filipinos that I am against illegal drugs,” Marcos said in a statement.
“This is why I took a cocaine test yesterday and the result was submitted this morning to the PDEA, the office of the Chief of the PNP, and the NBI,” he added.
Duterte claims presidential bet a cocaine user: ‘He’s a very weak leader except for the name’
Marcos assured his supporters that he will stay a “vigilant anti-illegal drugs campaigner.” He also challenged other poll aspirants to take the drug test.
“And as I made the call during the 2016 election campaign, I’m calling again all elective aspirants to take the drug test to ensure our people, particularly the young generation, that no elected leader is into illegal substances,” he said.
After Duterte dropped rumors about the cocaine-using presidential bet, some groups have dared the President to ensure the arrest of the person to undergo rehabilitation.
Duterte still refused to identify the alleged cocaine user but stood by his claim. He said the person has eluded authorities since the person used illegal drugs in private places like in a yacht or a private plane.
The post Marcos Jr passes drug test: ‘I am against illegal drugs’ first appeared on .Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)
No comments:
Post a Comment