Ads Here

Monday, August 23, 2021

Apologetic Pacquiao thanks God, family, fans; still mum on retirement after defeat to Ugas

Forever grateful.

Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao has posted a long thank-you note on Instagram after suffering a loss in Las Vegas over the weekend.

Pacquiao, the ever humble and gracious southpaw, first thanked the Lord for his strength. He is also grateful for his family and fans for their love and support.

Pacquiao lost a welterweight title to Yordenis Ugas of Cuba by unanimous decision during their match on August 22, 2021. The aging fighter was trying to secure a win prior to announcing his political plans for the 2022 elections.

“I want to thank God for giving me the strength to fight. I thank my family for always standing beside me,” he said.

Pacquiao earlier apologized to his fan after Ugas pulled off an upset at the T-Mobile Arena last Sunday, saying he did his best. In his Instagram post, he congratulated Ugas on his victory.

“I wish to congratulate Ugas and his team. Although, I hoped for a different outcome, I wish him the best,” he said.

The Filipino boxer also express gratitude to his fans for their support. He did not announce his retirement after suffering a loss at the hands of the 35-year-old Cuban fighter.

“Thank you to the fans all around the world who were watching. Thank you to every Filipino that has ever supported me. I’m so proud to represent my country,” he said.

He offered anew an apology after he was unable to beat Ugas.

“I’m sorry I could not give you a win, but I did my very best. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU! God bless you all! Mabuhay!🇵🇭🇵🇭” he said.

The post Apologetic Pacquiao thanks God, family, fans; still mum on retirement after defeat to Ugas first appeared on .

Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment