Ads Here

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Duterte: ‘Things are clear now; I will run as vice president’

By Prince Golez

There’s no stopping President Rodrigo Duterte from running for vice president in the 2022 national elections.

Malacañang on Thursday said Duterte has declared his intent to join the vice presidential race next year.

“As of 5:46 kahapon po ng hapon ito po ang huling mensahe ng presidente tungkol sa issue ng pulitika: ‘Things are clear now. I will run as vice president’,” Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said in a virtual presser.

On Tuesday, the Partido Demokratiko Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan revealed that the President accepted his nomination as the vice presidential candidate of the ruling party.

Duterte confirmed this in a speech during his taped Talk to the People on August 24.

“Gusto talaga ninyo? O sige, tatakbo ako ng bise presidente. Then, I will continue the crusade. I’m worried about the drugs, insurgency. Number one is insurgency, then criminality, drugs.

“I may not have the power to give direction or guidance but I can always express my views in public. For whatever it may be worth in the coming days, nasa Pilipino na ‘yan,” he said.

The post Duterte: ‘Things are clear now; I will run as vice president’ first appeared on .

Source: Latest Politics News Today (Politics.com.ph)

No comments:

Post a Comment